The Moyes Matrix Race and Matrix harnesses are advanced cross country and competition harnesses
The Moyes Matrix Harness
The Matrix range of harnesses provides an exceptionally clean, minimal drag profile with no external zips, strings or pockets. The outer skin design provides a seamless symmetrical taper from shoulders to toes and unmatched finish. Pilot comfort is not compromised with the suspension load spread across a long carbon fibre back plate, produced in-house and extensively load tested.
The pilot angle of attack is easily adjusted by the dorsal rope and bollard incorporated into the back plate. In normal flight the pilot's relaxed weight keeps the rope tight and the friction around the bollard locks the dorsal rope. However when the pilots back is arched the reduced friction on the dorsal rope allows it to slide freely through the bollard and the angle of the harness to be adjusted. This quickly becomes automatic for the pilot who can alter his angle at will without the need for complex locking mechanisms or taking his hands off the controls.
Rotation for landing is automatic thanks to a C.G slider which is recessed neatly into the back plate.
The carbon fibre back plates are produced using pre-impregnated carbon fibre and Nomex honeycomb in a sandwich construction. Each back plate is vacuum bagged and oven cured to ensure laminate integrity and toughness.
The many parachute sizes can be accommodated in the semi countersunk container. On the outside a unique closing mechanism using a zipper instead of a conventional eye lid and string combination opening releases instantly on deployment which allows for a large opening for chute exit, despite an exceptionally clean and neat finish on the closed harness. The chute bridle is guided away from the pilot's head/neck area to either a karabiner or main webbing attachment point.
The complete Matrix and Matrix Race harnesses are produced in house at Moyes to ensure the highest quality and finish, as well; each harness is tried and tested before delivery.
- Competition or cross country performance harness
- All harnesses are made to measure
- There are13 Colours to choose with the most popular colours for the main body being Black, Blue, Red and Charcoal
Technical Overview - Standard
- Outer skin is hard wearing 1000 Denier Cordura
- Continuous webbing through all points of load
- Main riser attached to buckles so is easily replaceable
- Parachute position easily accessible with both hands
- Carbon backplate is made in house and has been stringently tested
- Full length zip with 2 Australipin buckles, one internal and one external
- AustriAlpin Delta steel carabiner with a breaking load of 3200 kg
- Full length storage compartment for glider bag
- Water bladder pocket
- Side curved pocket with 3 partitions for camera, radio etc
- Side striping for your own unique design
- Technical Overview Options
- Zippered aerotow loop pockets
- Side front top pocket – 1 pocket
- Side rear bottom pocket – 3 pockets
- Drogue Chute pocket
- Drogue Chute pocket with pull out deployment flap
- Riser connected direct to dingle dangle – No carabiner for reduced drag
- Waist tow points